Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3.2.10

(Sorry the picture is sideways)


Hello again everybody!!
I cant believe how fast this week went by, i feel like i was just emailing you. Well the work here is moving along and we are working hard. The transfer is almost over though!!!!! WOW!!!!!! next week we will find out if we are being transfered or not. I feel like i will be staying, but you never know. Irkutsk (oh mom you asked me once how is was pronounced- well it is Earkootsk) is a great city. The biginning of the transfer as i have told you in other emails was kinda hard and we didnt have very many people to meet with. Well we did the hard part and started looking for them. Now we have 3 investigators that we are working with. They are 3 girls in their 20s and they are great. One was a former investigator with some other sister the served here before, but she hasnt met with missionaries for a long time. She knows like everything about our church and she likes the church but she still has some concerns and questions that we need to resolve, so we will see how things go with her. Then our other 2 investigators names are Helen, but i call her Diez because i think she looks like Cameron Diez, haha she likes that attention and the other is Natasha. They are friends and great girls. We have had some great lessons with them and they said they would read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if the church is true. I am really excited to work with them and help them come unto christ and be baptized. We havent talked to them about baptism yet, but it will be in the future. So those are out investigators and then we have some inactive members that we are working with as well to help them come back to church. It is so sad to see how many people are not active in Russia. President Trejo is really wanting us to work with the less active members. So the weather here is playing with our minds haha we will get like one day that is really nice and the sun is shinning and its not to cold and i always think, YAY spring is almost here...... and then the next day is FREEZING!!!!!!! haha so im not sure whats going on, but i just want it to be warm weather again and no snow so i dont have to wear boots and a coat anymore. But I will stop complaining.
So i was just reading out of the Book of Mormon and read this scripture Alma 5:16 "I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?" And i thought this was a good scripture and wanted to share it with you. I thought about myself and if the Lord would say to me, come unto me mindy, i am well pleased in you because of you righteous and good works. And know i am thinking of the things that i can change about myself and become better so that the Lord really can say this to me. I then turned to another verse a few pages away about how we can become better. Alma 8: 23-24 23 "And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

24 And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works."
So there we go. That scripture tells us what we need to do to abound in good works. I am going to strive to be more humble, obedient, patient, etc and also ask God to help me in my needs. I know if we strive to be better, we can be better. God wants us to be better. I know the we all can help more in building the kingdom of god on earth, sometimes we just need to remember that we can and that the lord expects it from us.
Well i love you all so much and miss you all. I love it here is Russia, i cant even imagine being anywhere else. I love be a missionary and helping people feel the love of god and to know the truth. I cant wait to here from you all next week!!!

Love,
Mindy/ Sister Gneiting

No comments:

Post a Comment