Sunday, January 3, 2010

Merry Christmas to everyone all the way from Russia!!!!!!!

Being away from home and a missionary makes me realize what christmas is about. Its not about the girft we recieve, but about celebrating the birth and life of our Savior Jesus Christ, and what makes christmas even better is we can celebrate this wonderful holiday with our families! I am so glad i will be able to talk to you on the phone, because you mean everything to me. I thank you for being the best family i could ever have, God placed us together in a family for a reason and I'm thankful he has given us a way to be together forever, yup you guys are stuck with me forever :) I love you sooo much!!
I want everyone reading this to know how much I love you and am thankful for you! I also want you to know how much the Savior loves you. Stay faithful to the Lord and as you do so he will take care of you and lead you to happiness. Only with the Lord at our side do we receive eternal joy and happiness. Jesus Christ came into this world selflessly and gave us the most important gift we could ever receive, he gave us the atonement. Please take time to remember the Lord Jesus Christ and all that he has done for us. Dont become distracted by the worldly meaning of christmas.
So Finland was great! We flew from Novosibirsk to Moscow then to Helsinki. We had a 4 hour layover in Moscow and then when we went to board our flight to Finland we were told that we were trying to get on the wrong flight and that our real plane didnt leave for 4 more hours. so we had a 8 hour layover in moscow, which we were all a little sad about because if we would have known we would be there that long we would have been able to go see the Red Square. So then we got to Finland and went to the temple because we stayed at the temple hotel. While in Helsinki we went to through a session at the temple and then went to this place called the fortress, which we dont really know what it was because we went at night and there was no one there to tell us anything or give us a tour. Well it was like an old war fort or castle or something. it was really old and cool. Maybe you can look it up on the internet and then tell me what it was haha - the Fortress in Helsinki. So the temple was beautiful, it is a small temple. It is actually the exact design of the Newport beach temple, well the outside isnt really but the inside was. So i sort of felt like i was in cali!
So I am getting the feel of the Siberian winters. Today -35 C today which is -31 F. YES THATS RIGHT -31 F cold cold cold but its ok because i get to wear fur to stay warm! haha
So I loved the pictures you sent me of Trent, he is soooooo cute! Does he wiggle around alot because in some of the pictures you sent he was blurry in them but everyone else wasnt blurry haha i thought that was funny. Also i like the picture by the tv you have up of me in that fur hat haha old ladies wear those here but i want to buy one but everyone says they will make fun of me, but i am ok with them making fun of me.
Well I love you all and I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and a great 2010!!

No comments:

Post a Comment