Monday, July 5, 2010

6.27.10

Hello My Everyone!!!!!
So I am sitting in a internet cafe in the middle of Siberia sweating...... who would have thought that was possible. Any hoo the weather is beautiful right now. The last week has been VERY hot. It has been around 38 C which is 100.4 F WOWEEEEE!!!!! SO HOT!!!! But you know me, I love hot weather, so even though i sweat its ok with me. I think it is better then -40 F. Which it got that cold in the winter.
Well lets see what interesting things have happened this last week. Well last week one night i was doing the dishes and actually talking to someone on the phone when all of a sudden the knob on the faucet broke off and water went spraying everywhere, I started screaming like, " AHHHHHHHHH OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!" I was talking to the branch presidents daughter and she was like "Is everything Ok!!!" Anyway I hung up the phone and yelled for my companion and then she came in and saw the water spraying everywhere in the kitchen and then TOGETHER we scream "AHHHHHHHHH OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" So my comp hurried and put a towel over the gayzer of water (which was really hot) as i got under the sink and tried to figure out how to turn off the water. Her hand was burning up as i was messing around with the knob. Well anyway I shut it off and then we called our landlord to come look at it. Well the next 3 days we spent a lot of time at home as he attempted to fix it. One day we came home and found a note on the front door from our neighbor directly below us saying that we NEEDED to talk and then we opened the door and found a huge puddle of water on the kitchen floor. Well in the end everything was fixed, but it was an interesting few days!
Well great news.... our investigator Natasha has a baptismal date for the 17th of July. She is a great girl and we are looking forward to her baptism. We still have a lot to teach her about. She is very excepting of what we teach her and really loves the church and she believes it is true. Also Marina who was baptized a few weeks ago is doing great. She just continues to amaze me at how strong she already is in the gospel. She teaches me more than i think i teach her. She will be moving back to Ukraine soon and the church is not in her city, but she will continue to read the Book of Mormon and keep contact with the church and her uncle who is a member. She will be a great member missionary for her family and friends.
Yes mom Diana danced at the graduation at her university, but it wasnt her graduation. She graduates next year. She dances very well and did a great job at the graduation!!! She is actually my companion right now. My companion is really sick and couldnt leave the house today, but she insisted that i still have a PDay. So we arranged to be on splits today. I hope she gets feeling better soon. Its always horrible to be sick and to try to continue doing missionary work.
So a couple days ago I read a talk by Elder Uchtdorf from the last young womens conference. It was such a great talk. He talked about fairy tales. He related how we start our own live as "once upon a time" and how it is up to us to find our "happy ever after." He talked about how through the gospel and the atonement we can have a happy ever after. This concept is completely right and one that we need to think about always. We are here is this life writing our own fairytale and in the end if we live correcting we can live with God again which will be our "happy ever after." The important part it that we spend everyday living the gospel and strengthening our testimonies by reading the scriptures, praying, and living by the commandments. As we do this we get closer to that happy ever after. If you havent already heard this talk you should read it, its very good.
Well my time is over :( I love you all soooooo much!!!! Have a great great great great week!!!
Love always,
Sister Mindy Gneiting

No comments:

Post a Comment